RODE NT1 5th Generation Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- For Recording, Streaming & Podcasting
- Cardioid Pattern Reduces Ambient Noise
- Analog XLR & Digital USB-C Connectors
- 192 kHz / 32-Bit Float A to D Converter
- Large 1" Gold-Sputtered Diaphragm
- Revolution Preamp, DSP Processing
- Software for Multiple USB Mics at Once
- Includes Pop Filter and Shockmount
- Operates on Phantom or USB Bus Power
An NT1 with XLR and USB for Recording, Podcasting, and Streaming
Featuring both an analog XLR connector and a digital USB-C connector, the Rode NT1 5th Generation represents another major leap forward for this highly regarded large-diaphragm workhorse microphone. The dual connection options offer a new level of flexibility, allowing users without an audio interface to plug directly into the computer for recording, podcasting, and streaming duties courtesy of the onboard 32-bit floating point A to D converter. Of course, if you have an audio interface, podcasting station, or favorite microphone preamp, no problem—just connect the mic's XLR output to your analog equipment and you're good to go. Combining a true-condenser capsule, ultralow-noise circuitry, and an extremely durable housing, the Rode NT1 5th Generation large-diaphragm cardioid microphone is well suited for high-resolution digital recording of vocal and instrument sources at home, in the studio, or even onstage.
Internally Shockmounted HF6 Cardioid Condenser Capsule
- Behind the protective mesh grille, the mic features Rode's 1" gold-sputtered HF6 capsule, designed to provide a detailed midrange response with smooth highs and warm bass.
- The cardioid polar pattern focuses audio capture on the souce in front of the mic, picking up less unwanted ambient sound from the back and sides.
- The transducer itself is suspended inside the microphone using Rycote's industry-leading Lyre system, minimizing external vibrations at the capsule level. The capsule is then married to high-grade electronics that have been designed to provide an extremely low noise level. The NT1 5th Gen is an incredibly quiet microphone, measuring only 4 dBA of self-noise.
- The mic is powered by phantom power through the XLR connector or by bus power through the USB-C port.
Revolution Preamp and 32-Bit Floating Point Converters
- Rode has equipped the digital side of the NT1 5th Gen with some innovative features to ensure you get outstanding audio quality from the USB connection, beginning with the built-in Revolution preamp which provides plenty of ultralow-noise gain to feed the analog to digital converter.
- With its 32-bit floating point A to D converter, you'll never need to worry about clipping again. The converter supplies supplies such a high headroom and wide dynamic range that its virtually impossible to overload, allowing you to worry less about maintaining perfect recording levels and focus more on your creative work.
- Sampling rates of up to 192 kHz are supported.
*Specification subject to change without prior notice
RODE NT1 5th Generation Microphone
RODE SM6 Shock Mount with Detachable Pop Filter
USB-C to USB-C Cable
XLR Microphone Cable