Nikon Speedlight SB-700 Flash Light
Warranty: 1 Year Camera Valley
1. High-end model functions in a compact body
The SB-700 is equipped with wireless lighting capability, a feature that is indispensable to creative lighting. Until the SB-700, the SB-900 has been the only Speedlight equipped with a Master function*. However, a condensed form of this function has been built into the SB-700, which is also equipped with accessories such as a bounce card and a diffusion dome.
* The Master function controls flash output from other Speedlights with multiple flash photography.
2. User interface with intuitive operation
A control layout and LCD panel design that make operating and applying settings simple, even for beginners, have been adopted. All settings can be applied in just three easy steps, and the LCD panel display is clear and easy to understand for intuitive operation.
3. Quick wireless control mode enables simple control of flash output for two remote flash groups
This is a new feature that allows the Master flash (SB-700) to control flash output levels for flash units assigned to two remote groups, making multiple flash photography setup simple.
4. A function that automatically detects and controls increases in the temperature of the flash head
The flash head is equipped with an internal temperature sensor that controls and suppresses significant increase in the temperature of the flash head that may occur in situations such as uninterrupted firing of the flash with wide-angle shooting to prevent damage to the flash panel.
5. Automatic detection and identification of dedicated hard color filters (fluorescent/incandescent) attached to the flash head
The color filters supplied with the SB-700 (fluorescent/incandescent) have been modified from the gel filters supplied with previous Speedlights to a hard type for greater durability, heat resistance, and ease of use. In addition, when one of these filters is attached to the flash head, the SB-700 automatically identifies it and transmits information to the camera for the optimal white balance setting.
- LCD and layout of controls designed for easy and intuitive operation
- Power zoom function covers wide 24-120 mm zoom range
- Three illumination patterns–standard, center-weighted and even–available to match every shooting environment
- Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution angle
- Short recycling time
- AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF, with wide 24-135 mm focal length range
- Quick wireless control mode allows control of remote flash unit groups A and B flash output level ratios
- Firmware updates via Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Automatically detects increases in flash head temperature and controls recycling time accordingly, thus preventing overheating
- Automatically detects type of hard-type color compensation filter (fluorescent and incandescent) and automatically transmits filter information to camera for optimum white balance setting
Electronic Construction : Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
Flash Exposure Control : Camera’s sync modes: Slow-sync, Red-eye reduction in slow-sync, Rear-curtain sync, Rear-curtain slow-sync Shooting functions: Auto FP High-Speed sync, FV Lock flash
Guide Number : 28/92 (ISO 100, m/ft.), 39/128 (ISO 200, m/ft.)
Flash Coverage : Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 24-120mm zoom range
Recycling Time : Approx. 2.5 sec. with NiMH or alkaline batteries, 3.5 s with lithium batteries
Number of Flashes : Approx. 160 (Alkaline) 260 (NiMH)
Weight (without battery, memory card or body cap) : Approx. 360g (14.6 oz.)
Other Features : Ready Light, Thermal Cut-out function, Firmware update via compatible DSLR, Hard Color Filters
Dimensions : Approx. 71.0 x 126.0 x 104.5 mm
Power Requirements : Four AA-size 1.5V batteries
*Supplied Accessories may differ by country or area.
* These performance specifications are applicable when fresh batteries are used at normal temperature (20°C/68°F)
* Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. September 2010
1 x Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
1 x Speedlight Stand
1 x Diffusion Dome
1 x Incandescent Filter
1 x Fluorescent Filter
1 x Soft Case