Fujifilm X-S20 Camera Body with 15-45mm Lens
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 5 Image Processor
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- 6.2K at 30 fps, 4K at 60 fps
- 2.36m-Dot 0.62x OLED EVF
- 3.0" 1.84m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- 19 Film Simulation Modes
- ISO 160-12800, up to 8 fps Shooting
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Show Less
A comprehensive everyday companion, the X-S20 from FUJIFILM brings power above its weight class to give photographers and content creators outstanding results on epic journeys and in intimate moments. For the first time in an X-S-series model, the 26.1-megapixel X Trans CMOS 4 sensor is paired with the X-Processor 5 imaging engine, resulting in high-speed image and video processing, improved autofocus speed and accuracy, FUJIFILM's acclaimed color science, and five-axis in-body image stabilization up to seven stops. The X-S20 excels at video and features a Vlog mode enabling professional-quality footage with easy touchscreen settings adjustments while recording. The Product Priority and Background Defocus modes tailor the camera's autofocus function for optimal content production. Two 3.5mm jacks, one each for an external microphone and headphones, allow next-level audio to accompany the camera's eye-popping imagery. Streaming in 6k, 4K, and Full HD unlocks high-quality broadcasting, while the micro-HDMI output supports recording raw video on external devices.
The X-S20 also sports an intuitive design with a sleek approach to seamless handling and shooting efficiency. The camera features larger dials and more pronounced buttons. The X-S20 also features a bright 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and rear 3.0" 1.84m-dot touchscreen LCD, which uses a vari-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. The camera has a USB-C connector for tethering and other digital interfacing, and it supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connections. The proprietary FUJIFILM XApp can be used to view and transfer images, see the camera's Live View, and operate the camera remotely. The rechargeable lithium-ion NP-W235 battery delivers longer shooting times, aided in part by the processor's higher efficiency.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 5
The X-S20 combines the versatile and proven APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor with the X-Processor 5, allowing the camera to render its smooth tones and colors at a higher speed for a longer time. The improved low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800, are further improved by the in-body image stabilization. As an X-Trans sensor, it utilizes a randomized pixel array, too, which provides a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing. The continuous shooting's faster performance tops out at 30 fps with the electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop and full-resolution 8 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter.
6K, 4K, and Full HD Video Recording
The X-S20 also offers a versatile array of video capabilities, including internal 6K recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording up to 240 fps for ultra slow-motion playback. Greatly benefitting overall video performance, the speed of the X-Processor 5 enables fast read speeds when recording video and helps to reduce rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects. Also, a micro-HDMI port enables 12-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder for improved quality and the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack for more advanced audio recording and another 3.5mm headphone jack for audio monitoring.
User-Friendly Video Modes
The X-S20 offers a range of shooting modes tailored to different needs. The new Vlog mode, etched into the camera's mode dial, allows for easy adjustment of camera settings using the touchscreen while recording videos. In Product Priority mode, the focus naturally transitions from your face to the subject in front of you, making it ideal for product videos or unboxing content. Additionally, the Background Defocus mode allows you to effortlessly blur out the background, achieving that cinematic look with a simple touch.
Powered by the X-Processor 5 and Deep-Learning AI Technology, its subject-detection AF tracks and detects human faces and eyes, along with a wide range of subjects, from animals and birds to cars, motorcycles, and even drones. The X-S20 also incorporates an improved auto-focus prediction algorithm, ensuring stable focusing even when capturing continuously moving subjects. This improvement is particularly noticeable in Zone AF and low-contrast situations, and to ensure you never miss a crucial moment, the camera's AUTO mode combines the autofocus with subject detection to keep everything sharp. This allows photographers to focus on composition and creativity, confident that the X-S20 will deliver precise focus every time.
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.62x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing.
- Vari-angle 3.0" 1.84m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- Despite the compact design, a large righthand grip enables solid and stable handling for comfortable all-day use.
- The top plate incorporates a series of physical controls, including a dedicated exposure mode dial and two additional top dials, for fast, intuitive control over camera and exposure settings.
- Rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device using the FUJIFILM XAPP or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
- Single SD memory card slot supports up to the UHS-I standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- Included NP-W126S battery provides approximately 750 frames per charge.
Film Simulation Modes
Taking advantage of FUJIFILM's vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-S20 integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM's classic film types:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation color transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high color saturation, and vivid color transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and color saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colors with a vintage filmic feel
- PRO Neg: Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade color negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat color, low saturation look well-suited to post-production color grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Acros: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone's favorite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen color, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colors.